Image Map

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Happy Easter & Mother's Day!

As many educators are enjoying Spring Break and others are gearing up for Easter Break, I wanted to share some activities we have been completing to continuously develop empathy and perspective.  Spring is the time for Reconciliation at our school and we usually spend some time talking about the Greatest Commandment.  Each year these sweet little otters turn out so unique and adorable!  After learning about the Greatest Commandment, or the Golden Rule for public schools, the students complete a directed drawing and a writing activity about how they will live out the rule!  Click any picture below to find this product in my TPT store!

To fully embrace the upcoming Easter season and in celebration of Holy Week we started our week off by completing a Crucifixion silhouette.  Again, these ALWAYS turn out amazing!  I am so proud of my students every year for making their creation one of a kind!



During Holy Week we spent a bit of time reading about Jesus' last days on Earth and completed a retelling of the events!
 We also did a super fun and challenging Easter fill in activity that you can get from 

Planning ahead for Mother's Day

I am planning a super quick and easy activity for Mother's Day this year!  I printed these out 2 per sheet so the kids could just fill in the blanks and make a quick and easy card to decorate for their mothers. I also have a child in my class who lost his mother so I whipped up a matching activity for his dad!

  





No comments:

Post a Comment